Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me...and to all of you!

Today is my birthday.
I love my birthday...and I actually do rather enjoy working a market on my birthday which is what happened today.
This year I have decided to give myself a gift. That gift is a goal that all of you (?) will also be able to enjoy. The goal is to take and post a picture of farmlife everyday for a whole year. So the idea is that I am starting on my birthday and will then wrap it up on my next birthday.
This endeavor was inspired and encouraged by Kate Gross (more on all that later) when we were discussing the challenge of my working on the farm and remembering to take photos to document the work and the lifestyle.
I may not make it everyday. I may slip up and not remember my image. I may not have internet some days but I am still going to try. I think that as a person this will help me focus. As an artist it will increase my creativity and as a farmer's wife it will increase my knowledge!
I sincerely hope that many of our customers and friends will enjoy this journey with me and that you will comment!
Thanks.

Today's image:


My new friend Maddie who helped at our market today. She is displaying the effects of sorting black raspberries.

~Christina...who seriously needs to change her watermark...new year and new name

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Happy Birthday!!!
    Mine was the other day, too... June 29th. Love having birthday's close to the 4th. I look forward to your photos, and the cherry pie I will be making tomorrow with tart cherries from Ellis Family Farm!!

    -Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. I look forward to seeing the pictures from the farm.

    ReplyDelete