Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Hayfever Blues

I was asked the other day how I managed to marry into a farming family with allergies!
I laughed as I gulped down my Claritin and blew my nose. If you have ever talked to me in August you know that I like apple season a whole lot better than peach season, there are reasons for that and a lot of them have to do with allergies!
Every year in the second week of August I begin my miserable journey through hayfever time. The pollens are just too much for my sensitive immune system and I struggle to try and breathe through the heavy air of late summer.
For many years I have worked on farms without taking any kind of allergy medicine, choosing just to suck it up and blow my nose a lot! Last year I went back to taking Claritin and it helps some. My best bet is to just wait it out until the first frosts kill off my particular allergens. That normally happens in mid to late September so if until than I am in a bit of a fog you'll know why.

Kleenex, lots of water, Halls, gum and Claritin help me get through.
(Much of my hayfever is in my throat and nose so I feel better with something in my mouth)

~Christina, who did not even realize all of these things were blue until I set up the shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment