Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/10/10 - Relaxing?

Mathew has not been at home during the daylight hours in well over a week. He gets up and goes directly to work only to work on the farm, or go to a fair, etc right after work. This has been trying for us and add to that the fact that we were separated on Saturday and Sunday it was getting to us. With both of us exhausted and stressed I realized it is know wonder we were having a hard time communicating effectively.
Last night when I found out he was once again busy with tractor deliveries I decided I must do something! I was on my way to becoming either very angry or collapsing in sobs so I went to the beach.
Did you know that we have a beautiful beach not 5 minutes down the road? You wouldn't know it for the times we get there. I do believe that our last and only visit to the beach together was last Father's Day. No, not two months ago but rather Father's Day 2009. Bleak.
We have talked about going several times this year but never made it so last night I asked if I could just go by myself (I was never allowed to go alone when I lived at home). Don't worry I didn't go swimming.
It was the best thing ever. The lake really is relaxing and it caused me to wonder whether God chose those colors (blue green and tan) for the beach because they are soothing or if they are soothing because they are the colors of the beach.
I lay there and snapped a few pictures and listened and prayed and journaled. By the time I was finished I was in a much improved state of mind and ready to find my love. I still beat him home but he was home earlier and we actually got to eat together :) we also got to watch our favorite show, Dick Van Dyke, on Netflix and laughed some of our stress away.
Peach season continues and another fair commences next week but now I know that I should make more time to go to the beach!

~Christina...who is grateful a peaceful getaway is just 5 minutes down the road!

1 comment:

  1. I love going to the beach. I wish we had one five minutes away.

    ReplyDelete