Monday, May 17, 2010

Green City Farmer's Market Kicks off the season

I, Christina, your blogger extrodinaire, went to Green City Market in Chicago for the first time on Saturday. It was their kick off week, the first Saturday outdoors for the 2010 season. Truthfully the only reason I got to go was because other more desirable employees were otherwise engaged.
I went with the idea of getting pictures to post and use for various projects but I didn't have much time! I did manage to grab these images early in the day and I am glad I did. We were so busy. The crowds were huge and we sold out of everything we brought...which was quite a bit. I never left the booth the whole time. So much for fabulous pictures but we are not disappointed with the sales!

Jim was my hero. He was awesome to work with and bunched more pounds of asparagus then any of us know. We had packed 22 lugs (approx. 25# each) and bunched most of it into 1# bunches. At one point three people were bunching and two of us were selling it just as fast!

The rhubarb was beautiful. I actually bunched most of that...my hands were stained to prove it. I spoke with a lot of great customers who were going to make various recipes with it. I really hope they let us know how their adventures in cooking turn out.

Thankfully mom remembered the straw so we didn't get quite so muddy.


Brian helped us set up before going to his market on 61st Street. Much love to him for doing such an excellent job.

~Christina, GCM Sub

No comments:

Post a Comment