Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Foraging on the farm

Today after taking some pictures at Louis Gelder & Sons I ran out to the farm. I needed some things you see. Like lilacs for my table. Oh my they smell delightful.

I also needed rhubarb.

Mathew and I had picked the first stalks the other day and I was dreaming of making a pie. But alas one big chunk of our harvest went to Grandma Ellis so she could make a pie. And then my generous husband gave the rest to his mom so she could make a dessert with it. I wouldn't have really had time to make it over the weekend anyway I guess.

This morning I took care of that though and gathered some for us. :) There was still not a lot that was bright red (I can be picky) but hopefully I can make that pie today...and maybe even blog about it.

Too bad I forgot to grab some eggs!!!

~Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment