Thursday, April 22, 2010

Newlyweds on the farm

My wonderful husband took me on a picnic! Surrounded by blossoming trees we had a few minutes to enjoy each other's company between his work at the store and his work on the farm. This made me very happy...and I would like to think it helped him relax too.

I had been wanting to try this chicken recipe for several days so we did not have traditional picnic food. I basically just made supper at home and hauled it out to his parent's farm.
It was delicious.

Yes, there is a lot of farm work to do but we are newlyweds after all. I really do love the farm but I won't lie...it has been hard for me to adjust to the fact that Mathew works all day then we spend most evenings working on farm stuff. (I married such a hardworking man and I am very grateful for his care of me!)

Oh, and about the picture of us...it is definitely not the most flattering. My Mathew may not love pictures (especially of himself) but he does love me and I do love pictures (especially of him).

~The new bride who is hoping for many more picnics~
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment